Thursday, December 15, 2011

The letting agent I began renting from in October.....?

They have sent me a letter about renewing my tenancy in April (for another six months)


I want to stay, in the letter though it says;


'Our fee for renewing your lease is 30.00' (pounds, sorry my pound key doesn't work) 'and your remittencs should be sent at the same time as your tenancy extension document'


blah blah blah


Is this charge legal? There was no mention of further charges in the tenancy agreement.


I've rented before and never had continued charges from a letting agent once the deposit is paid.


(UK by the way)|||Yes, the charge is perfectly legal - although it ought not to be! The agent is possibly also charging the landlord for renewing the contract as well!



There maybe is no mention of this charge in the tenancy agreement as it is this document that is being renewed. So in effect the agreement is concluded once the charge becomes applicable.



This is another example of how those without much money who are forced to survive on the limit, are being ripped off by those greedy c***s with more money and houses than it should be legal for them to have. They'll be first up against the wall when the revolution comes and I'll be happy to pull the trigger.



Perhaps after a while you'll be able to cut out the agent and deal with the landord directly, you'd both be better off.



BTW - You're gorgeous, let me know if ever need a hit-man. :p

No comments:

Post a Comment