Monday, December 12, 2011

How do I find Interest Rates?

I have lost some records of the amount of interest that was paid to me by my Savings %26amp; Loan bank where I bought some Certificates of deposits ( CDs ) for 6 month period at a time %26amp; auto renewed them every six months.





Is there a way to find the approximate savings account interest rates for CDs from 1992 to 2005 ?





I know that it varies from bank to bank and also depends on the amount deposited ( Mine was over 10 K ) but usually Savings %26amp; Loan banks used to pay higher percentage rate than a regular bank but as far as I remember it was still not more than one percent higher than a regular bank.





Any help would be appreciated.|||Just contact the bank. They have these records on MICROFILM and can retrieve and send you copies of the exact amounts paid to you. There will probably be a fee for their time in finding the right tapes and making copies.|||When doing this research, keep in mind that annual inflation rates are around 3%. This means subtract 3% from your interest rate...for some this means a low or even negative interest rate!

No comments:

Post a Comment