Monday, December 12, 2011

I've sold my car on eBay and buyer has made no contact with me!?!?!?

The case is that I sold my car on eBay for 拢9500 and I'm in need of money to buy an new car for transport as the insurance has ran out on the car that I've sold and don't want to renew it as the car doesn't suit my needs any more, the buyer used Buy it Now so the listing ended 2 days before the end


and it's been 2 days ago however the buyer still haven't made any contact with me, I emailed him, phoned him and nothing... no answer.





In the listing it said that you buy the car not to look at it but to drive away in it and that 拢50 deposit is required straight away and didn't receive that neither but I did run a check on the buyer and he has 100% positive rating and has bought couple expensive motorcycles on eBay before and he's been with eBay for over 5 years now so I'm not really sure what the case is, because he doesn't sound like a scammer to me but he is wasting my time and I'm indeed of the money...





What can or should I do and can I press charges against him as he's wasteing my time and money, I'm well pissed of with the situation.





Any help would of been great.


Thanks for looking.|||More or less the exact same thing happened to me when trying to sell my car on ebay.





Almost the instant I put it up, somebody agreed to pay the 'buy it now' price. Great, I thought, auction finished. After days of trying to contact the buyer (sometimes he would email me, but he never agreed to pay the deposit to secure the car) some anonymous person, almost certainly the same guy, rang me and asked me how much I wanted for the car. Basically, he stopped the auction so nobody else could buy it, then tried to get for a knockdown price.





It's very frustrating, and I have sympathy for you having to deal with a scumbag like this.





Here's what you need to do-





Report it to ebay. You can then open a 'case', which basically means the buyer will be banned if they don't complete the sale within a certain amount of time, a week I think. (this, sadly, doesn't mean much, since it's easy enough for people to make fake profiles)





Then, you get to re-list your item for free. This time, don't include a 'buy it now' option, and be wary of anybody without positive feedback.





Unfortunately, it's unlikely you can take any real action against this time-waster, other than what I've outlined above. ebay CAN be a really good way to sell a car, so don't let this put you off. It's certainly better than 'we buy any car'.





Good luck. You will sell it.|||I'd leave negative feed back get in touch with Ebay for claiming back fees from the buyer etc.. then re-list it and state you want a deposit before you take it off the auction , also put in your re-list ad that its for sale else were and if the buyer does get back in touch sell him it .|||There are no charges you can press against him - it is not a criminal act. It is a civil matter and in practice there is little you can do. He may be away from home for a while and 2 days is not long.|||Keep trying and if he doesnt answer then report it to eBay.|||Maybe he is waiting to get paid, or he needs to transfer money from one account to another. It's only been 2 days and for that amount of money it is not unusual. If you do not receive the money after 5 days, then you can file a dispute with Ebay for a non-paying buyer. But there is no obligation for anyone to pay you right away on Ebay - you have to wait until 4 full days have passed since the sale to file a dispute as Ebay knows it can take a few days for people to pay





You can't press charges as this is not theft. And he is not wasting your time unless he goes for 5 days without paying and then you file a dispute and get your listing fees back|||Sounds like a timewaster. I'd send him one more email (through Ebay so there's a record of it) saying he's got 24 hours to get in touch and arrange collection and pay a Paypal deposit of (say) 拢200 and if he doesn't comply open up a non payment dispute through Ebay.

There's nothing legally you can do though.



At least you'll get your listing fee and final sale fees back that way.|||I think you are jumping the gun a bit as it is only 2 days since the sale. There could be any number of reasons why he has not paid yet and has been out of contact. There is NO obligation for an buyer to pay within 48 hours and i don't think you can raise a non paying bidder dispute in less than a week. Not every one has this sum of money just sitting in their current account and whilst the buyer may be good for the money it could take him 4 or 5 days to raise it. I could easily afford your car without needing finance but i could not get that sum in cash in 2 days.





You cannot contact him ~ well, just as an example, 3 months back, we got a phone call at 2am from my wifes younger sister telling us that her husband had just had a massive heart attack and had been rushed in to hospital. Within an hour we were on the road down to London and spent much of the next 3 days hanging around hospitals and were never near a computer, or thought about one.





Can you press charges against him, of course not. He has NO repeat NO obligation to pay within 2 days - or a week for that matter. Whilst it is good practice to pay quickly, not paying within a week does not mean you are going to default. The fact that you are in need of the money is really neither here nor there.

No comments:

Post a Comment