Monday, December 12, 2011

How long will it take to get my family evicted... live in florida?

My lease expired on 11/30/07. (6 month lease) My landlord took and cash my rent check for December. On December 28th I recieved a certified letter from the landlord that my lease had expired as of Nov 30th and he would renew for another 6 months if I paid a $200.00 increase. I declined and tried to give him 01/2008 rent (old amonunt) he refuse it. I was told verbally by his wife that they had our last months rent %26amp; and our sercurity deposit and we could live that out. We mailed them a letter that we would be out as of 02/29/08


Now... Since they are using our last months rent( we paid up front) aren't we entilted to stay till 01/31/08 Well On Jan 8th I recieved in my door a letter that said we had to be out by Jan 30th He (landlord) checked that he handed it to us in person and swore this on the statement. just left in door... It's too short of a time for us to move. We have a place lined up but not until 02/29/08. How long would an eviction take? Please help|||Florida is a extremely landlord friendly state. Landlords only need to give 15 days notice to vacate and can have an eviction done within a week.|||evictions take 3 months. if I were you, I'd just stay until you find a place. you don't have to pay.|||try these from what I understand 30 days is all they need|||If you have a family court there, to aid people in circumstances like yours, go there and, explain it to them ASAP that's what there for.


Your landlord can give you sometimes 24 hours notice and then the constable comes, he only follows orders, by then its to late so, get on your pony and get to the court house and see the judge.

No comments:

Post a Comment