Monday, December 12, 2011

Lease "problems" and i am offended.?

My roommate / really good friend for 2 years decided to move out 2 months prior the lease was up giving me the option to stay or go. I can not sign on the lease on my own (roommate knew this), but my best friend could sign with me. The three of us agreed that i would renew the lease, I would be the only one to signing and eventually i would remove my roommates name and place my best friends name in. The lease requires a min of 2 months for renewal or not so we rushed the decision before the lease would be denied. By the end of the month i gave my roommate her part of the deposit, my best friend is out of the city during the time hence lease cant be transferred until she gets back. My ex-roommate moved out and i gave her her part of the deposit as she moved out. I rented the room to another person and my ex-roommate refuses to give me the key until transfer is done. I am highly offended by her distrusts more than how things were handled. How can this be? now i'm embarrassed that i have to arrange my schedule to my new roommate because i cant just buy a 40 dollar security key from the management company.|||If she is moved out, she has no reason to hold onto a key. Ask her what she intends to use it for.





As long as her name is on the lease, she can always ask the management or maintenance to let her in. That should be sufficient for whatever situation she is afraid of.

No comments:

Post a Comment