Thursday, December 15, 2011

How can I hide 2 dogs?

I KNOW THIS IS LONG BUT I REALLY NEED HELP!!!





My lease is ending next month. As much as I want to, I will not be renewing the house I'm renting in right now because my work was relocated and I wanted to be close to work. The owners (husband %26amp; wife) of the house has always been very nice to me and always get things done. I am the same to them, I'm always on time for rent, never been late! ...Well, I have two tiny poodles, one is 10 lbs and one is 12 lbs and the owners does not know about them! When I signed the lease, they required a $500 pet deposit for each pet which I didn't have at the time so I just kept this from them. Now, they wanted to show the house to prospective tenants (which is ok to me), but how can I keep them from knowing about my two dogs? Both of my dogs are well-trained, one of my dog pees and poops in the backyard and one is pad-trained so there r no messes in the houses. I am afraid they will find out about my dogs, what should I say when this happens? Pls help!|||Ah the hiding of pets...i've been doing this with my ferret for about a year now and can thankfully say i'm moving soon to a place that allows pets.





For starters make sure there is NO evidence that you have any pets...no pictures, leashes, collars, bowls, flea treatments, food, puppy pads, nail clippers, doggie shampoo..NOTHING to be found...look for the tiniest details...like pieces of food on the floors...and run a lint roller over your couches to pick up any traces of hair...yes i know poodles are non-shedding...but they still do shed trace amounts of hair...





If it isn't going to be for very long...try taking them to get groomed to take up time...or take them to a friend or relatives house for a couple hours....if it is something that may take awhile...you might want to look into a doggy day care or overnight kennel for them. If your landlords DO find out ...tell them you are VERY sorry but it just slipped your mind (maybe say they haven't been there long or they actually belong to relatives and you are pet sitting) Offer to pay the deposit when you move out...your landlords sound like nice people and i think that once they see that the house is clean and the dogs are well behaved they won't make a big deal out of it. Make sure to apologize and make it heartfelt!!|||find a kennel and board them during showings.|||have a friend watch them for a couple of days or ask the owners if it is "ok" to watch a friends dog while they are out of town. good excuses :]] good luck|||cause hes deaf, not stupid or dumb, hes just diggity dig, dog runt|||Is there a friend that will let the dogs stay there while the owners show the house? If so then just hide evidence of dogs.


Good Luck|||You really should have been up-front with the situation. The best you can do is to take them to a kennel/doggy daycare on days that the place will be shown. The landlords have to give you 24 hours notice, so it shouldn't be that hard.|||Shame on you lol! You should invite a friend over when they show the place and just say that the dogs are your friend. Or if you are not going to be there when they show the place, then you migh want to invest a few dollars into doggie day care.|||Be honest.Tell them.|||Take them to doggy daycare while your away, don`t forget to hide their stuff while your away. Sneaky Sneaky !!|||Since you are ending the lease anyway, what does it matter? Depending on the state you live in, even if they want you out because of the dogs, they will have to give you X amount of days. You are leaving anyway, so why be concerned now?|||I'm with the idea of what most everyone is saying about getting a friend to watch them for you. Good Luck to you!|||I would either put them into a kennel or ask a friend to look after them for a week or two - if they are well trained there should be no issue.





If they are inside dogs - people will smell them so don't try lying about it or you'll get yourself in more trouble.





Make sure the yard is completely poop free and check for holes.





It it's not possible to "hide them" all I can offer is maybe it's time to come clean and let the owners know (if they were ok with you having pets but required a deposit) tell them you got the dogs a few months ago and that you had thought, given that you were planning on leaving soon, that if there were any house issues because of them, that you would have offered the money anyway.





Make it nonchalant, like you didn't really think about it at the time because you knew pets were ok..





Not sure what else to suggest hehe





Good luck|||Okay I know a lot of people are going to get down on you about trying to hide the dogs but I have been in situation before where we found a stray dog and didn't know what to do with her so we had to hide her as well. My best suggestion is find a good doggie day care to take them too. I live in Dallas and there is good one you can take little dogs to for $10 per day. Just tell your landlord that you must have advance notice if they are going to the enter the property, (they are required to give you 24 hours notice by law) clean up and hide everything that has to do with your dogs and drop them off at doggie day care. It will be a pain in the butt, but probably better than getting caught and having to pay extra fees, etc.|||Any place that you can take your dogs? Clean the house and the yard up really good and board your dogs for a day or two.


Or take them to a friends house...


You can also tell your landlord that you just got them or that you are watching them for a friend for a day or so.


Other than tell her about the dogs, and possibly being fined, that is all you can do. (she can still charge you the $500. per pet)


good luck.|||Find out when they are going to be showing the house and have someone else watch the dogs. Or if they do happen to see them just say you are keeping an eye on them for a friend, make up some reason (she's away at a funeral) best of luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment