Thursday, December 15, 2011

Can my landlord sue me for this?

My landlord didn't renew my lease and gave me 60 days to move out. So I moved out Oct 1st. The lease states that he is to provide me with a written list of damages within 30 days and if he doesn't then I can sue him for my deposit back up to 2 times the amount. Well he didn't provide me with a list within 30 days and I had given him my forwarding address before I moved out. So now today Nov 13th the Sheriff comes to my new house and gives me a notice my landlord is suing me for damages to the house I moved out of.....$8100!!! Can he win in court because he didn't provide me with a list of damages within 30days. That's breach of contract right??|||yea actually u can sue him for double the amount ... but u have to tell the judge that he didnt give u any papers stating the damages you did sooo he cant sue you even if he takes you to court...|||You can sue him for damages assuming he can't prove that he has been trying to serve you notice on his lawsuit since October 1st.





you can sue him for the maximum amount allowed by law.





Even of you sue him, he can still sue you and win for the amount of 8100.00.





If you are asking if his suit is completely negated because he didn't have the list of damages to you in the prescribed 30 days, the answer is a loud and resounding 'no'. he can still sue.|||He has already filed the lawsuit. However this does not mean he will win. The contract was breached when he did not provide you with the list of damages within the required amount of time. I would counter sue for the double amount.

No comments:

Post a Comment