Thursday, December 15, 2011

Can I legally take my girl friends money if she deposited it into my account? Need help please?

"Yes this is the second time I posted this sorry I need more answers" We are just friends by the way or were. She wired money in my account it is was suppose to be for rent and other bills. But, what I didn't know until just recently is that she is screwing my boyfriend. I found out from another friend and saw them together and I haven't said anything to them yet. So legally can I keep the money she deposited in my account? Please provide a website stating that I can keep the money since its in my account and in my name.





Im not worried about the lease or contract. The contract is up in a few months and plus we did it to where I pay half and she pays the other half. The owner said if something happens then we are not responsible for the other persons half of bills. She put the money in my account because she works odd shifts. So I told her I would take care of it if she put her money in my account. So she put a lot into it thinking we were going to renew the contract for another year. Any way I found out she was screwing my boyfriend from another friend and then I saw it with my own eyes them two together. I really don't care now that I have money from her. I haven't said anything to them about it. Im not im just going to pack up and leave and they will never see me again :-)|||There is a paper trail, being the wired money. I am fairly certain you cannot use it for anything except rent and bills, like your agreement was. You had a responsibility to do so, and she had that in mind when she wired it to your account. A court would probably say that if you had done this arrangement before, then it was understood that the money would go towards these things. If it might have been cash, maybe you would have gotten away with it. Why would you want to keep it anyway? Yes, what she did was wrong, but I'm not sure what keeping the money makes everything "even".|||I don't' think you can. I think you can use it to pay rent and bills. Don't be a jerk. Either use the money for what it was intended for or give her the money back and tell her you want nothing to do with her. No guy is worth stealing and compromising your morals.





Also, do you have it in writing from the owner that you are not responsible for the other person's half of the bills? I wouldn't trust that unless I had it in writing.|||Legally the money in your account is yours. No matter who deposited it. She may have a claim if she chooses to take you to court. That being the rent agreement and if she has receipts for the wire transfer....There is also the fact that she should have had her own account and been responsible for her share of the bills....They could establish a pattern of how the rent and bills were paid....That being said I would do as you plan and see if she comes after you in small claims court...

No comments:

Post a Comment