Thursday, December 15, 2011

How do I get rid of human fleas?

Here is whats going on, about a year ago I moved into a "pet free" apartment but latter on I found out that I had been lied to and the apartment (500 square feet Studio) was occupied by a tenant with 3 little dogs. That explained my skin allergies, so the first thing I did was renting a carpet cleaning machine and washed the carpet 4 times, and found out that it was really dirty (another lie of the management was that they told me the carpet was clean when I moved in). the rash went away for a short while but then came back; meanwhile I felt like I keep on seeing little insects jumping on the surface when I look closely at my carpet. sometimes when I had all the lights turned off (before I go to bed ) I would play with my phone I would see them jump on my phone screen. By this time I was sure that I was not hallucinating, and there is something in the carpet which is attracted to the light. I didn't know what they are so I tried different pesticides, but they all failed. by this time I was so angry of the management that I broke my lease agreement and moved out and warned them that if they reduce my security deposit for any reason, I would take them to the court for all the expenses I had to pay for frequent dermatologist visits (without a health insurance), fumigation stuff, and a whole new set of furniture for my new apartment. They returned all of my deposit which I spent for renewing all my clothes as well. Unfortunately, how ever, I brought some of these fleas with myself to the new place, even though I tried my best to avoid that. Now after 2 months at the new apartment I am at a much worst state than I was before. In fact 2 weeks ago I was bitten by them so much that my entire skin was covered in hives and I ended up with fever and chills. Any ways to make the story short: ever-since I recovered from my hives I have been fighting these fleas with everything I have got yet I have not been able to get ride of them. I really can't afford replacement of clothes or furniture anymore, and I can't enjoy the company of my friends and family, because these stuff can transfer easily. As of right now I am thinking of giving up and find a way to coexist with them (probably die from it), unless you have a suggestion. Oh and I have tried all the stuff posted on different websites, like taking a bath in salt water or soapy water, or placing a flea trap (I have 4 of them), or cleaning my clothes with baking soda, or eating garlic (boy do I smell), or vacuuming every-where, etc. So don't sagest any of these stuff, unless you have a magic wand I am not interested.|||You don't just need to kill the fleas, you need to kill the eggs. THAT'S the difficult part. I would recommend getting a pet flea treatment. There is a spray a vet can give you for carpet and furniture. Use it in moderate quantities as needed. Use a generous amount the first time.





You might also want to vacuum your carpet and furniture right before you use the spray and then again about a day or so after to pick up any dead fleas/eggs so that those won't attract any more. Repeat this over the course of 1 - 2 weeks until the spray is gone.





Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment